Saturday, September 17, 2011

One more freezer meal...

This recipe wasn't included in my last post about my nesting and freezer meals, and I just had to include it. I made this Kielbasa Bow-Tie Skillet last night and it was AWESOME. (Yes, another Taste of Home recipe).


(Photo and recipe courtesy of Taste of Home)

I used lower fat, lower sodium turkey kielbasa and it still turned out delicious. I made a double batch and now we have a nice, large portion of this fabulous meal ready to go in our freezer once baby arrives. It was fairly quick and easy to put together. Both of my kids liked it (well, okay, my 2-year-old son picked the sausage out of it and ate only that with ketchup but still, at least he tried it...) and my 4-year-old daughter gobbled it up. My husband went back for three helpings, which is always a good sign! I highly suggest you click on the recipe link and give this yummy recipe a try.

That being said, I'm done freezer cooking. There is no more room left in our freezer and I think my husband believes I'm getting a bit obsessed with having a freezer full of ready-to-go meals. But he's been a good sport about it. This morning I'm going to whip up one more double batch of our family favorite Peanut Butter Granola, store half in the freezer, and that will be it for me.

Adios kitchen, hello new baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment