Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Menu Plan Monday (the Tuesday version)- Week of 8/22/11


Busy busy busy! Summer is wrapping up and we're trying to enjoy every last minute of it. Our days are filled with bike rides, walks, the swimming pool, and (for me) my OB doctor visits. Therefore, I haven't had too much time to blog these days (again...and as usual) but I did finally get around to making my menu plan for the week yesterday. I am planning on doubling some meals this week so I can save half for an easy, healthy freezer meal once the baby arrives (only 5 weeks away!). Here's what we have planned for the week:

Breakfasts:
Peanut Butter Granola (doubling recipe) and yogurt
Cereal and toast
Waffles and fruit

Lunches:
Sandwiches with carrot sticks, ranch dip, and crackers
Creamy Mac and Cheese, fruit
Homemade Spaghettios (new recipe), apple slices
leftovers

Suppers:
Monday: we had an impromptu day/evening at Valleyfair amusement park with the kids so we ate junk food there
Tuesday: Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos - double recipe (made on Monday but we were at Valleyfair too long...luckily it kept well in the CrockPot!), chips and salsa
Wednesday: Cheesy Beef and Rice (doubling recipe for a freezer meal), lettuce salad, carrot sticks and ranch
Thursday: Spinach Tomato Tortellini, fruit salad
Friday: leftovers
Sat. and Sun.: ??

No comments:

Post a Comment