Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Feeling better...and feeling old.


Feeling Better
We are all (finally) feeling better in our household after all of us were bitten by the nasty flu bug.  My little one did end up getting it but not nearly as bad as the rest of us, thank God.  I have a lingering annoying cough but otherwise all is well.  You know you  have a house full of sickies when this is what remains at your sink after you do dishes:


An array of medicine dosage cups and an empty orange juice pitcher.  That pretty much sums up our last two weeks.

Feeling Old

I am 38 years old.  There, I said it.

But prior to having my third child 16 months ago, I used to think that if the lighting was right and if someone looked at me after having a nice strong martini, I could definitely pass for a woman in her late 20s.  But all that has changed.  In a short year and a half, my wrinkles have become deeper, the bags under my eyes have gotten darker and bigger, new gray hairs are taking over my bangs, and just this morning I noticed a nice purplish vein making its way up my calf.

Yesterday I was walking through the mall with my kiddos and noticed a cute tank top in the window of the Buckle.  It was lavender with dark purple flowers and lace trim.  So cute.  And then I realized I was going to be FORTY YEARS OLD in less than two years and that I would look absolutely ridiculous wearing that tank top.  First, it was meant for teenagers that don't have a "I've had three kids" tummy pooch.  Second, I think the sales girl would assume I was shopping for my daughter or niece if I stepped foot into that store.

And here is the icing on the cake-
My daughter came home from kindergarten yesterday afternoon and showed me her work for the day.  Since Monday was President's Day, they had did a little workbook page on a president.  Isn't it cute?


And then she asked me: "Mom, was he the president when you were born?"

Case closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment