Thursday, May 20, 2010

Poor Man's Pizza

I know this isn't incredibly original and many of you probably had heard of these or already make these, but the idea of these simple little pizzas never occurred to me until I read the Duggars' book that included this recipe for "Poor Man's Pizza." My kids eat these for lunch once or twice a week, since I always have the ingredients on hand. Super easy, quick, healthy and frugal. The perfect toddler and preschooler lunch! In fact, my daughter has labeled this as her "favorite meal ever!"

Poor Man's Pizza



Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Toast however many slices of whole wheat bread you'd like in the toaster.
Top each piece of toast with your favorite spaghetti or pizza sauce.
Top with whatever shredded cheese you have on had.
Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is browned.

1 comment:

  1. I used to make this all the time when my kids were younger. Now they want the kind loaded with lots of toppings. :)

    ReplyDelete