Sunday, October 17, 2010

Menu Plan: Week of 10/18/10



I'm trying two new soup recipes this week and starting a weekly "soup night" for us. (I would normally make only one soup but I've been craving Hot & Sour Soup and I know the kids wouldn't care for it). The weather is cooler and the kids and I love soup, so why not? It's usually pretty simple to throw together, can simmer until hubby finally arrives home, and it keeps really well for leftovers. I'm looking forward to relaxed, fun week of cooking! Here's what's in store this week:

Breakfasts:
cold cereal and toast
Granola bars (for the preschool mornings when we need to be out the door quickly)
Whole Wheat Oatmeal Pancakes (from freezer), bananas

Lunches:
leftovers
Poor Man's Pizza, oranges, carrot sticks
Pita chips and hummus, apple slices
PB&J, apple slices, pretzels

Suppers:
Monday: Soup night! Hot and Sour Soup for me and hubby (new recipe - will post it soon if it turns out well); Tomato Tortellini Soup (new recipe) for the kids; Italian Breadsticks

Tuesday: Homemade Chicken Nuggets, oven fries, peas

Wednesday: Tator Tot Hotdish, lettuce salad, honeydew melon

Thursday: clean out the fridge night

Friday: Slow Cooker Lasagna, lettuce salad, green beans, melon

Saturday: Homemade Pizza, fruit

Sunday: clean out the fridge night

Visit I'm an Organizing Junkie for more menu planning ideas.

2 comments:

  1. Happy MPM! I love soup! It's one thing that I've been adding to my menu each week. Your slow cooker lasagna sounds wonderful. I may try that out next week! Thanks for sharing.
    ~Holly
    P.S.
    I was a Holly T. before I was a Holly C.;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to work on my menu planning. I like the way you have ideas for breakfasts and lunches and then set ideas for dinner. And we are starting soup night too! That was already in our plans. The other week I made my homemade chicken noodle soup (the broth was even homemade). Another week, DH made butternut squash soup! It was so yummy with a mixed green salad with goat cheese and toasted walnuts. I was so surprised when Phoebe (our 10 year old) ate everything - both soup and salad.

    ReplyDelete