Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Whole Wheat Oatmeal Pancakes

I'm not even going to pretend like I've ever made these pancakes, because I haven't. This recipe is from my mother-in-law and my husband has perfected it. He makes these pancakes nearly every weekend and my kids (and their mommy!) love them. They are hearty, healthy, and delicious. Not to mention they freeze beautifully for an easy breakfast throughout the week.

Whole Wheat Oatmeal Pancakes

2 eggs, beaten
2 cups buttermilk
1 cup old-fashioned oats
1 T. sugar
1 T. vegetable oil
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder

Mix eggs and buttermilk in a medium bowl. In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Stir the egg/milk mixture into the dry ingredients and let the mixture rest for a few minutes. Cook pancakes in pan over medium heat or on an electric griddle set to approximately 375 degrees. Flip the pancakes when little bubbles apprear. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. These are the BEST! MMMMM!! I should try to make these once, but I'm sure they wouldn't be nearly as good as Bryant's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh... wow! Can't wait to try these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just had these for breakfast -- with blueberries! Yum. Thank you for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete