Thursday, July 29, 2010

Two more blog awards!

I was so pleasantly surprised recently when I received two more blogger awards! Thank you to those who are reading my blog (I'm up to 25 followers now...hooray!) I really enjoy blogging and find it to be a great creative outlet for this mostly-happy SAHM.

The first award was the Versatile Blogger Award from Angie at Angie's Healthy Living. Angie has a great site filled with terrific, healthy recipes and the stories of her weight loss journey are inspirational!

The rules for the Versatile Blogger Award are:
1. Share 7 things about yourself, and
2. Pass the award on to 5 fellow bloggers (with links to their blogs).

So here goes - 7 things about me:
1. I got married when I was only 21 years old and, this August, will celebrate 14 awesome years of marriage to my terrific husband;
2. My lil' cozy home is only 925 square feet on the main floor;
3. Up until I became a SAHM, I never...and I mean never...cooked. (I've always loved to bake, but the stovetop scared the heck out of me.)
4. I know it's terrible for me, but I LOVE my one can of Diet Coke each day.
5. My dream vacation would be two weeks in Germany. Not a "European Vacation", but just Germany.
6. My favorite color is purple.
7. And, perhaps coinciding with number 6, one of my favorite singers is Prince. (Hey, I'm Minnesotan...it's sort of a requirement.)

And here are 5 fellow bloggers who are very deserving of the Versatile Blogger Award:
1. Amy at The Finer Things in Life - "encourages frugal, simple, at-home living; nurturing relationships as a faith-filled mother and wife; and living well for less"
2. Heather at Frugal Reality - "Helping you pinch that penny in the real world"
3. Cynthia at What's For Dinner - "One mom's quest for meal-planning bliss" (and we all know how I love meal planning!)
4. Erin at The Journey at our House - "Living & learning with 5 kids, autism & homeschooling"
5. Messy Mommy - "Please don't feed the dust bunnies!" (my current favorite post is titled "Poop in the pool"...need I say more?) :-)


And the second wonderful award is the "Sunshine Award" from Amy at A Foodie Fairytale. This award goes to bloggers "whose positivity and creativity inspire otehrs in the blogging world." Isn't that awesome? So sweet of Amy - thanks! Please check out Amy's site for awesome recipes (I've been having dreams about these S'mores Cookie Bars) and meal planning inspiration.

Here are the rules for the Sunshine Award:
1. Post the logo on your blog
2. Pass on to 12 bloggers with links their blogs (I will only do 4 this time...sorry.)
3. Let the nominees know of the award by commenting on their blog
4. Share the love and link to the person you received the award from.

Here are my "Sunshine Award" nominees!

1. Myra at My Blessed Life - "inspiring peaceful hearts and beautiful homes" - a very popular blog and I love her "Friday Fails" posts and frugal design ideas!
2. Laura at Heavenly Homemakers - "Making our homes heavenly, striving toward heavenly homes" - again, a very popular blog but I get a lot of inspiration from Laura's site!
3. Amanda at Savings in VA - she has terrific frugal shopping and budgeting tips.
4. Krystal at Recipes of a Cheapskate - the "ultimate cookbook!"

Happy blogging everyone and thanks for the support!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your award and thanks so much for sharing it with me!

    ReplyDelete