Sunday, November 28, 2010

Menu Plan: Week of 11/29/10


The weather on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving made us cancel our travel plans for Thanksgiving, so we actually ended up staying home and cooking a turkey feast for the four of us. (My husband made the turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, and gravy - I made the green bean casserole and pumpkin pie.) Although we missed our family, it turned out to be a very nice, cozy day for our little family.

I'm looking forward to more of a "planned" menu this week. I'm trying a couple of new dishes and just trying to keep things simple and healthy. (I'm focusing on "healthy" because, I must admit, my jeans are fitting quite a bit tighter as I type this.) :-)

Here's what we have planned for this week:

Breakfasts:
Whole Wheat Pancakes (Freezer)
Granola bars
Cold cereal and bananas
Cinnamon Raisin Toast and yogurt

Lunches:
Tomato soup, grilled cheese, carrot sticks
Chicken strips, cottage cheese, apple slices
Hummus and pita chips, carrot sticks, raisins
leftovers

Suppers:
Monday: Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken (new recipe), pasta with marinara sauce, broccoli

Tuesday: Lentil Burritos (new recipe), mixed vegetables, apple slices

Wednesday: leftovers

Thursday: BBQ Chicken Sandwiches, oven fries, corn

Friday: Chicken Noodle Casserole, lettuce salad, orange slices

Saturday: Father-in-law visiting so probably out to eat

Sunday: clean out the fridge night!

Please visit I'm an Organizing Junkie for great menu planning ideas.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoy the cinnamon raisin toast!

    We were thankful we didn't have to travel far with all this lovely winter weather in MN. I'm glad you and your family had a nice, cozy and relaxing Thanksgiving together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great menu this week! You are such an inspiration to me as I know I need to plan meals better. I wrote up our menu plan for the week and it's hanging in the pantry next to the family calendar. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete