Sunday, November 21, 2010

Menu Plan: Week of 11/22/10



First, allow me to apologize for my total lack of blogging lately. Life has been busy. I have realized this past week that I have definitely bitten off a bit more than I can chew with some of my obligations and volunteering, and while I'm happy to do it all, it certainly doesn't leave a whole lot of time for the "extras" like blogging. I'm hopeful things will slow down soon and get back to normal (once I learn how to say "no.")

Second, can you even call this a menu plan? Nope, not really. We are traveling to South Dakota for the Thanksgiving holiday and will be gone the majority of the week. (Thanks in advance to my mother-in-law who will do all of the cooking while I sit in front of her glorious fireplace in my slippers sipping a hot cup of coffee or cocoa. Yes, I really am quite spoiled when we visit.) That being said, there is not much cooking for me this week. Since we'll be gone, I don't want to go grocery shopping and I don't want to have any leftovers, so this is what I have (kind of) planned so far:

Breakfasts:
Cold cereal and toast
Whole Wheat Oatmeal Pancakes (freezer) and bananas

Lunches:
Poor Man's Pizza, carrot sticks
Chicken strips, cottage cheese, apple slices

Suppers:
Monday: Three Cheese Garlic Chicken Pasta, romaine salad, green beans, apple slices

Tuesday: Grilled ham and cheese sandwiches, tomato soup, orange slices

Wed. - Sun.: out of town!

For menu planning ideas (and most certainly some great recipes to use leftover turkey!), please visit I'm an Organizing Junkie.

2 comments:

  1. Your menu for the week looks great. Thank you for sharing and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog, especially your quote on the side, what a great reminder. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete