Monday, December 13, 2010

Menu Plan: Week of 12/13/10


The big hit from last week was the Italian Roast Wraps. I used a large arm roast I dug out from the depths of my freezer, sprinkled one packet of Italian seasoning mix on it, and let it go on low all day in the slow cooker. I couldn't believe how tender it came out. However, the taste really wasn't too Italian-y. I think next time I'll use some taco seasoning instead. But it was still fantastic, and I made Beef Stroganoff the following night with most of the leftover roast. My husband said it was the best beef stroganoff he'd ever had. :-)

I'm flying by the seat of my pants in this week's menu plan. I have 16 inches of new snow in my backyard and a forecasted high temperature of 3 degrees today. Let's just say that venturing out for a big grocery shopping trip isn't in the cards today. So, I am trying to build a menu based on what I mostly have on hand in the pantry and freezer, with an anticipated run to the store on Wednesday.

Breakfasts:
Whole Wheat Oatmeal Pancakes (leftovers from Sunday morning), bananas
Cereal and toast
Bagels and cream cheese, fruit
Egg and Cheese Muffins, fruit

Lunches:
"Kitchen Picnic" (today) (turkey sandwiches, crackers, apple slices, cookies and juice boxes on the kitchen floor!)
Poor Man's Pizza, pears
Pita chips and hummus, carrot sticks, raisins
leftovers

Suppers:
Monday: Slow Cooker Turkey Chili (husband's request as he was heading out the door this morning in -9 degree weather) (half will go in freezer), cornbread, orange slices

Tuesday: Crockpot Thai Chicken (carryover from last week), brown rice, pineapple

Wednesday: leftovers

Thursday: (my parents are visiting!) Cheddar Turkey Enchiladas, Hot Bean Dip, chips and salsa

Friday: Lentil Rice Casserole, green beans, lettuce salad

Saturday: Clean out the fridge night!

Sunday: Homemade pizza, carrot sticks, fruit

Check out I'm an Organizing Junkie for more menu plans and recipes!

4 comments:

  1. What a tasty week! I'm with you -- no grocery store trip until later in the week when 15 degrees will seem like a heat wave. Hope you enjoyed the snow this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a yummy week, especially the Cheddar Turkey Enchiladas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your menu looks very good. We would love your Turkey Enchiladas. Thank you for sharing and you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't even imagine 3 degree weather! You're a brave lady!

    ReplyDelete