Monday, January 30, 2012

Menu Plan Monday - 1/30/12


This week's menu plan is pretty short as the kids and I are leaving town on Thursday for at least seven days while we are having nearly the entire interior of our house painted. We'll be staying with my parents (about a 3 1/2 hour drive away) for the week. On a quiet farm with no internet access...should be relaxing (hopefully!) We will miss my husband dearly, who of course has to stay behind, work, and put up with the paint smell and mess for the whole week. Here is what I have planned for our very short cooking week:

Breakfasts:
Waffles and bananas
cold cereal and toast
Blueberry Muffins and yogurt

Lunches:
Leftovers
Chicken strips, carrots, cottage cheese
Cheese quesadillas, apple slices, chips and salsa

Suppers:
Monday: Spaghetti with slow cooker marinara sauce (from the freezer), fruit salad, garlic toast made with leftover buttermilk honey bread (recipe for the bread to come this week!)

Tuesday: Slow Cooker Chili (carryover from last week), cornbread, fruit salad

Wednesday: clean out the fridge night!

Thursday - next week: out of town!

This post is linked to Menu Plan Monday at I'm an Organizing Junkie.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you have a fun trip... and what fun to have the house painted upon your return :)

    I'm going to check out your chili recipe -- I'm always looking for new ones.

    ReplyDelete