Thursday, January 26, 2012

Whole Wheat Banana Muffins

I'm crazy about muffins. I like using what I have on hand to make a fresh batch of yummy-smelling and yummy-tasting muffins about once a week in our house. Muffin recipes that I have posted so far include Pear Blueberry Muffins, Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins, Banana Prune Muffins, Blueberry Muffins, Whole Wheat Muffins, and Raisin Bran Muffins.

Apparently I go a bit crazy with muffin recipes. Mmmm. Now I'm hungry.

And here's one more that I made this past week. I had some very ripe bananas to use up. I wanted my husband to be able to take whatever I made with him to work that morning for breakfast, so making my usual banana bread was out of the question because I didn't have one hour for baking time. So I came up with these muffins. Super easy. Super simple. Super quick. Super yummy.



Whole Wheat Banana Muffins

3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1/3 cup butter, melted
3 large very ripe bananas, mashed

In a medium bowl, sift together the flours, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. In a large bowl, mix together the bananas, egg, sugar and melted butter. Add the flour mixture and stir just until combined. Scoop into greased muffin tins and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

This recipe makes 12 yummy regular-sized muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment