Monday, February 8, 2010

Whole Wheat Muffins

I made a batch of Whole Wheat Muffins this morning for hubby and the kids. I get so sick of serving them plain old toast every morning so it's nice to mix it up a bit every now and then and make a fresh batch of muffins in the morning. This recipe is from the book Miserly Meals: Healthy, Tasty Recipes Under 75¢ per Serving by Jonni McCoy. Super easy, healthy, yummy, and the extras freeze very well, too. My husband likes them because they aren't too sweet and the kids (and I) love them with just a little bit of honey. Enjoy!

Whole Wheat Muffins


2 c. whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
½ c. pure maple syrup
1 c. water
½ c. canola oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract

In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients and stir until well mixed.
In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients and mix well.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry.
Mix just until blended and do not over mix.
Pour into greased or paper-lined muffin tins.
Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. This looks like something my family will love! I will be trying this one soon! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete