Thursday, February 11, 2010

Turkey Spinach Enchiladas

I made Turkey and Spinach Enchiladas for supper tonight. This is an easy, (mostly) healthy, yummy recipe that my husband claims is in his "Top 5" dishes that I make. It also gets this SAHM's stamp of approval because it meets my supper recipe requirement: it can be assembled during the kids' afternoon nap time and kept in the fridge till baking time! This makes a large pan full of enchiladas with plenty for leftovers. Enjoy!

Turkey and Spinach Enchiladas

1 package (1.25 lb.) ground turkey
1 c. salsa (I use mild for the kids. Pace Thick & Chunky, or comparable store brand, works well).
1 tsp. cumin
8 oz. cream cheese (I use the light 1/3 less fat kind)
10 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
whole wheat tortillas
1 can diced tomatoes, drained
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese (the original recipe calls for 2 cups but I only use about 1 cup)

Preheat oven to 350.
Brown turkey over medium heat.
Add salsa, cumin and cream cheese to browned turkey. Cook until cream cheese is melted.
Add spinach and simmer for 7-10 minutes.
Spray 9x13 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Spoon mixture into tortillas, roll and add to pan.
Top with the drained diced tomatoes.
Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
Sprinkle with cheese and bake until cheese is melted.

1 comment:

  1. This is EXCELLENT! My family likes them too. I just don't tell them what's in it. :) Thanks for the recipe, Holly.

    ReplyDelete