Saturday, January 21, 2012

Menu Plan Monday: week of 1/23/12



This last week held two "firsts" for me: First, I made it out of Target with buying ONLY what was on my list...that has never happened. :-) Second, the list of suppers I had mapped out for the week went exactly as planned. Each supper was made on the planned evening, and that has NEVER happened before. Funny, though, that it was a week when I didn't post my menu plan! Anyway, I made barbeque sandwiches, tomato tortellini soup, homemade pizza, and spaghetti with meatballs (with plenty of leftovers, of course.) Here's what I have planned for this week:

Breakfasts:
Whole Wheat Banana Muffins, fruit
Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Pancakes (from freezer), bananas
cereal and toast
Yogurt and Peanut Butter Granola

Lunches:
Creamy Mac and Cheese, carrot sticks with ranch dressing
Kitchen Floor Picnic (sandwiches, chips, pickles, and juice boxes)
Cheesy Egg Sandwiches, clementines
Crackers and hummus, fruit, cottage cheese

Suppers:
Monday: Burritos (from freezer), chips and salsa, fruit salad
Tuesday: Crockpot Chili, cornbread, fruit salad
Wednesday: leftovers
Thursday: Teryaki pork tenderloin, roasted potatoes, green beans
Friday: Chunky Chicken Soup (from freezer), lettuce salad, whole wheat bread machine buttermilk bread (favorite new recipe coming soon!)
Saturday: Clean out the fridge night!
Sunday: ??

Check out more menu plans at I'm an Organizing Junkie!

1 comment:

  1. Stopping by from Menu Plan Monday...

    I hear you about the Target trip... I can't step foot in that place without spending at least $10 at the dollar bin and $100 total! Also, your tortellini tomato soup from last week sounds delicious! I'm going to try it with V8 instead of tomato soup and maybe less milk.

    ReplyDelete