Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Pancakes

Recently, on a bitterly cold morning when their daddy was traveling for business and we had no preschool or errands to hurry out the door for that day, my daughter asked me for "something special" for breakfast. I had a craving for something a little sweet - but also somewhat healthy - so I threw together this quick and tasty batch of chocolate chip pancakes. I tweaked a recipe from the Allrecipes.com site by substituting some whole wheat flour and cutting back the sugar. The results were yummy! The leftovers also reheat well in the toaster or oven.

Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Pancakes

1 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. whole wheat flour
2 T. baking powder
scant 1/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1 1/2 c. milk
1/4 c. canola oil
1/2 c. chocolate chips

In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a medium bowl, combine the oil, eggs, and milk. Add to the dry ingredients and stir until moistened. Fold in the chocolate chips. Pour onto hot and lightly greased griddle (about 1/4 cup batter makes a nice sized pancake). Flip when bubbles begin to form and cook until second side is browned.

1 comment:

  1. Yum, my kids always love when I make chocolate chip pancakes, it makes them feel like they're eating dessert almost. Good to see you posting recipes again. :)

    ReplyDelete