Sunday, August 8, 2010

Raisin Bran Muffins

I love to have a yummy, healthy breakfast on hand and ready to pull out of the freezer at any given moment, and these Raisin Bran Muffins fit the bill. I've tweeked this recipe from a very popular, very yummy, but not-so-healthy recipe that calls for all white flour, a lot of oil and a ton of sugar. After a few tries, I think I found the winning combination to "healthify" this recipe a bit.

Raisin Bran Muffins

4 cups Raisin Bran cereal
1/2 c. Fiber One cereal (or All Bran, but I had Fiber One on hand).
1 c. white flour
1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 c. oat bran
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 c. canola oil
1/4 c. unsweetened applesauce
3/4 c. sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 c. buttermilk

Mix all ingredients together in large mixing bowl. Bake muffins at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes (mine only took 15). These muffins freeze well, or the mix also keeps well in the fridge to bake as you need them. I make these in muffin-top pans and usually yield a baker's dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment