Monday, August 16, 2010

Menu Plan: Week of 8/16/10



So last week's menu plan was a bit of a bust. My husband ended up having a crazy week at work and really was only home for supper once or twice all week long, so I didn't prepare a lot of the things I had planned. I managed to make him the Vegetable Lo Mein with pork postickers a few days later than planned, which made for one very happy hubby.

Now on to this week - how short it is! This mama is looking forward to my second SAHM vacation at the end of this week. Dear Hubby is planning on taking the kiddos to South Dakota for a visit with the grandparents...by himself! I plan on staying home, doing a little fall/winter clothes shopping for the kiddos (I did my own clothes shopping on Saturday...more to come on that later this week!), cleaning out a closet or two, and relaxing a bit. I will miss my kiddos and hubby dearly but the time by myself will be awesome.

So, I only have three nights of meals planned this week - all simple but yummy, nonetheless. These meals are all based on things I already have on hand, as the only grocery shopping I did this weekend was for milk and bread! Here's our plan for the week:

Breakfasts:
Banana bread, fruit
Cold cereal, toast
Yogurt and bananas

Lunches:
I foresee picnic lunches all week long.

Suppers:
Monday: Spaghetti with homemade marinara sauce (sauce from the freezer), broccoli, cheesy garlic toast, caesar salad, canteloupe and grapes

Tuesday: Honey Mustard Lime Chicken Drummies, brown rice, romaine salad, leftover broccoli, fruit salad

Wednesday: Pork Chops (new recipe), hash browns, frozen mixed vegetables, leftover fruit salad

Thurs. - Sun.: vacation!

For more menu planning ideas, tips and recipes, please visit I'm an Organizing Junkie!

No comments:

Post a Comment