Wednesday, August 18, 2010

31 Days to Build a Better Home Challenge Update



I've fallen miserably behind in the 31 Days to Build a Better Home Challenge hosted by Today's Housewife. I'm trying to keep up/catch up, and here's my progress:

Day 12 - Bless your church staff and volunteers.
I would've totally been on this one...if we actually belonged to/attended a church. Sadly, we haven't gotten around to making this part of our Sunday routine. We use the excuses of "not enough time," "kids are too young", and "I don't trust strangers in the nursery watching my kids." Well, this daily challenge was a great reminder that it's time to put those excuses aside and start visiting some churches to find one we like.

Day 13 - Have dessert.
Done. Completed. And then some. Thank you Dairy Queen!

Day 14 - Visit a farmer's market or road-side stand.
This didn't get done on this day, but we have visited the farmer's market twice this month. I always go overboard and buy too much, but I love me some affordable, fresh, organic produce.

Day 15 - Try a new recipe this week.
It's in the Crock Pot right now, as I type. I am making these pork chops (never tried them before but they smell wonderful!).

Day 16 - Clean out a closet.
Um, this was totally on my weekend to-do list while the kids would be away. Well, hubby's work schedule didn't accomodate so now he is not taking the kids to the grandparents. No mini-vacation for this SAHM, but hopefully I'll tackle this closet during tomorrow's naptime. Just too much cooking during naptime for me today to think about my messy closets.

Day 17 - Do something your husband would normally do around the house.
Check. Our van got broken into overnight. Windows smashed and stuff stolen. So I was the one that called the police, the insurance agent, and the glass company. Everything was cleaned up, replaced and ready to go by the time hubby got home from work. Normally he would like to take charge of these things, but this SAHM took care of it all.

Day 18 - Write a love letter.
I'm going to do this right now...bye bye. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! So sorry about the van, but I'm proud of you for getting it taken care of! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I'm miserably behind...I am continuing into September for this challenge :(

    ReplyDelete