Thursday, August 26, 2010

Taco Soup

We love this super-easy soup in our house. Made with lean ground beef or turkey, beans and tomatoes and corn, it's a great way to get plenty of protein and even some veggies into my kids' diet. This soup is awesome served with sour cream and crushed tortilla chips on top (and my hubby and I enjoy a couple dashes of Tabasco in ours, as well). Enjoy!


(This photo makes me realize I need to research how to take good blog photos. I realize this bowl of soup doesn't look the most appetizing in this photo, but it's good...take my word for it.)

Taco Soup
1 lb. ground beef or turkey
32 oz. low sodium beef broth
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 pkg. low sodium taco seasoning (I use 3 T. of this homemade taco seasoning mix from Laura at Heavenly Homemakers)
1 can corn with peppers, drained

Brown beef or turkey. Drain.
Stir in broth, beans, tomatoes, and taco seasoning.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
Stir in the corn right at the end of simmer time.

No comments:

Post a Comment