Wednesday, August 11, 2010
31 Days to Build a Better Home Challenge Update
Given the current state our home (or as I like to call it, "SnotFest 2010") I have fallen miserably behind with Today's Housewife 31 Days to Build a Better Home challenge. Here is my update:
Day 7 - Flirt with your husband all day (and all night)
- Miserable fail on this one. Sick kids. Husband working extremely long hours. Very tired mama. This one just didn't get done. Raincheck?
Day 8 - Bless your parents and in-laws
- I sent my mom a letter with pictures of our visit to their farm last week.
Day 9 - Do something nice for a neighbor
- I had every intention of baking chocoloate chip cookies to bring to our new neighbors who moved in across the street last week. Well, a heat index of 103 degrees kind of put a wringer into my plans, since I didn't feel like heating my house up to 90 degrees with the oven running. Plus I didn't think the new neighbors would appreciate my toting along my two snotty lil' kids (mmmm...that would really make the cookies look appetizing.) The forecast calls for only 80 degrees this weekend, so I PROMISE to do my baking then!
Day 10 - Take a picture
- I take pictures of my lil' ones almost daily so this one wasn't too challenging for me. Even snotty and sneezy and teething(are those three of the Seven Dwarfs?), my kids are still cute and photo-worthy!
Day 11 - Clean your computer
- Yikes, thanks for the reminder on this one. Lysol wipes and swiffer duster in hand, I got this job done. Now I just need some of the keyboard air spray stuff, though. Oh well, the job is 90% done.
To join the challenge or get inspiration from other's (much better) accomplishments, please visit Today's Housewife!