Monday, June 28, 2010

Menu Plan: Week of 6/27/10



I believe this will be the first week in quite a while where my husband, the kids and I will all be home this week and no one is traveling. I look forward to a relaxing week at home with my family. I also hope to post a few more recipes this week, including the blueberry muffins, Italian breadsticks, and pancakes listed below.

Here's what's on the menu this week:

Breakfasts:
Blueberry muffins (freezer), fruit
Cold cereal, toast
Buttermilk pancakes (freezer), bananas
Oatmeal, toast

Lunches:
The kids and I have picnic lunches outside every day it's nice, so we'll have a lot of sandwiches, carrots, pickles, apple slices, and chips. On the "inside" days, it will be leftovers, chicken strips, or Poor Man's Pizza.

Suppers:

Sunday: we had leftovers from Saturday night's barbeque...ribs, chicken wings, homemade mac 'n' cheese, watermelon

Monday: Spaghetti with this slow cooker red sauce, lettuce salad, Italian breadsticks

Tuesday: the kids and I have a late-afternoon playdate so likely leftover spaghetti

Wednesday: Chicken Tacos, refried beans with cheese, chips and salsa

Thursday: Cheesy Beef and Rice(freezer), lettuce salad, mixed vegetables, pineapple

Friday: "Clean out the fridge" leftover buffet

Saturday: Honey Mustard Lime Chicken Drummies, brown rice, broccoli

Baking and extras:
Banana bread
Banana Prune Muffins (for the freezer to keep on hand for breakfast)

Please visit I'm an Organizing Junkie for more menu planning ideas.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a pretty good menu. I'm making Blueberry Muffins this week to, it will be interesting to see how similar they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum--especially the banana bread! Have a delicious week!

    ReplyDelete