Friday, September 17, 2010

Frugal Friday - save on shopping by donating clothes!


Do you have a Herberger's near you? If so, there is a terrific opportunity to save 20% on nearly every item you buy by bringing clothing donations to their store for Goodwill. Near the entrance of the store, you will find a table where a clerk will collect your clothing donations and give you a 20% off coupon for each item - yes, each and every clothing item - you donate. That can really add up to a LOT of coupons! The best part (besides, of course, cleaning out your closet and donating clothing to a good cause) is that these coupons can also be used on most sale items as well.

I haven't typically shopped Herberger's (I've been trying to stay out of department stores lately!) except in the last few months I have scored some great deals on kids' fall clothes and some items in their kitchen department. I believe this Goodwill coupon deal goes for another week or two, so check it out if there is a Herberger's in your area.

This post is linked to Frugal Friday at Life As Mom.

2 comments:

  1. I don't live near a Herbergers but donating to Goodwill first and then filling your closet is a great idea anyway. I love the Goodwill by my house, not only do I donate there, I buy a ton of amazing things there as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Younkers has the same deal (I think Herbergers and Younkers are owned by the same people??). I didn't realize it until, of course, I was there with no donation. A lady in front of me was actually returning items she purchased (without coupon) and then re-purchased them (using coupon which she now had and apparently didn't have at the time of purchase). Pretty thrifty!

    ReplyDelete