Sunday, September 26, 2010

Menu Plan: Week of 9/27/10



The darling, super-duper-extra-hard-working-for-his-family hubby will not be home in the evenings most of the week this week, so I'm planning kid-friendly (yet healthy...therein lies the trick, right?) meals for me, my toddler and my preschooler. Nothing fancy, but hopefully the kids won't mind that I decided NOT to feed them boxed mac and cheese and spaghettios all week long (as tempting as it is!)

Here's the plan for the week:

Breakfasts:
Raisin Bran Muffins
Breakfast Cookies
Whole Wheat Oatmeal Pancakes (freezer)
oatmeal with bananas and raisins and toast

Lunches:
leftovers
Turkey wraps, crackers, apple slices
PB&J, chips, carrot sticks
Vegetable soup, crackers, orange slices

Suppers:
Monday: Creamy Macaroni and Cheese, carrot sticks with homemade ranch, cantaloupe

Tuesday: Homemade Chicken Nuggets (recipe to come soon), oven fries, green beans

Wednesday: (Hubby should actually be home this night) Chicken pot pie (made with leftover crockpot chicken from last week), lettuce salad, cantaloupe

Thursday: Spaghetti with slow cooker marinara sauce, applesauce

Friday: Out to eat!

Saturday: Clean out the fridge night

Sunday: BBQ chicken drumsticks, pasta salad, mixed vegetables

Please visit I'm an Organizing Junkie for more menu planning inspiration!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to hear the chicken turned out well for you! We just enjoyed the broth in a yummy soup last night -- so I hope you do too.

    I'm off to check out your oatmeal pancake recipe... I'm a sucker for anything oatmeal :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just hate having dinners without hubby. The kids don't like to eat many grownup things and honestly their table manners deteriorate without daddy around.

    I posted a neat corn dog muffin recipe that mine really liked. I made them as mini muffins and we had them with cut up veggies and baked beans. Not super healthy but something fun and different. I also find myself doing breakfast for supper or make your own pizza's when hubby isn't home.

    ReplyDelete