Thursday, September 23, 2010

Things I Love Thursday - Mendota Sparkling Water

As some of you know, I gave up Diet Coke nearly two weeks ago. It has been amazingly easier than I anticipated. Around noon every day, I craved that yummy goodness of an ice-cold Diet Coke. I thought giving it up would cause me to be sluggish and cranky since I figured it was the caffiene I needed and wanted. Well, the day I gave up Diet Coke, I bought a six-pack of Mendota sparkling lemon water. Now I have one of these every day instead of my Diet Coke and they are awesome. The ingredients: Carbonated water and natural lemon flavor. That's it.

It turns out that it wasn't the caffiene I necessarily craved from my Diet Coke, but instead it was the carbonation. I really need that extra little zip in a drink in the afternoon that tap water doesn't provide. So the new "thing I love" is now sparkling water, which has allowed me to (almost) kick my Diet Coke habit!

This post is linked to Things I Love Thursday at the Diaper Diaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment