Sunday, September 12, 2010

Menu Plan: Week of 9/13/10



Dear ol' hubby was gone a lot of evenings last week so we didn't stick to last week's menu plan much. (I don't cook big suppers when it's just me, a toddler and preschooler). I'm looking forward to carrying over last week's meals into the coming weeks. We are still without ground beef and our freezer supply is slowly dwindling, which is a good thing. What a blessing to ever have to say, "Man, we have too much food in this freezer!" Here is what we have planned this week:

Breakfasts:
Honey Crunch Granola with yogurt and fruit
cold cereal and toast
Whole Wheat Oatmeal Pancakes (freezer)

Lunches:
picnic lunches outside on the nice days
leftovers
tomato soup, grilled cheese, and apple slices

Suppers:
Monday: hubby won't be home in the evening so it's Poor Man's Pizza and leftovers from the weekend for me and the kids

Tuesday: Swiss steak, baked potatoes, corn on the cob

Wednesday: Spaghetti with slow cooker marinara sauce, lettuce salad, orange slices (Does it seem like we have this spaghetti with this sauce at least every other week? Well, we do. It is awesome, my kids love it, and it's a great way to get them to eat some veggies!)

Thursday: Lentil Rice Casserole, lettuce salad, fruit

Friday: Clean out the fridge night

Saturday: Cheesy Green Enchiladas (new recipe - made with leftover frozen pork instead of chicken), chips and salsa, green beans

Sunday: Crock Pot Chicken (new recipe - my first try at making a whole chicken), roasted potatoes, carrots

Please visit I'm an Organizing Junkie for more menu planning ideas.

4 comments:

  1. Those Cheesy Green Enchiladas sound interesting. I'm making tacos this week with pork, it's a nice change of pace once in awhile from the usual chicken or beef.

    How are you doing on giving up your diet cokes? I feel for you, I'm a pepsiholic and would be hard pressed to give em up. I know I need to though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi April - I made the enchiladas last night and they were awesome! I used some chopped pork I had in the freezer, leftover from a pork loin on the grill. Sooo good with that grilled flavor and I was surprised at how well the pork froze. I'm doing pretty well re: the Diet Cokes...I hope to post more on that later today if I get a chance. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did your crockpot chicken attempt work out?! I just made my first whole chicken a few months ago -- I don't know why I waited so long.

    also glad to hear you enjoyed the apple cake! I love the way applesauce makes the cake moist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SnoWhite: didn't get around to making the chicken last week but looking forward to having it on this week's menu!
    The apple cake was AWESOME! A new favorite in our house! Thanks for the great recipe.

    ReplyDelete