Sunday, January 16, 2011

Menu Plan: Week of 1/17/11


This week, I'm still trying to be a good, supportive wife and help my husband out with his second week of "Phase 1" of the South Beach Diet. But let me tell you, the cookin' ain't been easy, ladies. Yes, I'm getting lots of great recipes from The South Beach Diet Quick and Easy Cookbook, but I miss my make-ahead meals of casseroles, crock pot meals, and spaghetti. The good news is that we are eating lots of fresh, nutritious, whole foods during this grand experiment. With the exception of the chili, all of the recipes for suppers are new this week.

Here's what's in store for us:

Breakfasts:
cold cereal and toast
Pumpkin Spice Granola (new recipe), yogurt
Whole Wheat Buttermilk Pancakes (with blueberries, leftover from Sunday!)
Cinnamon Swirl Toast (new recipe), fruit

Lunches:
Creamy Mac and Cheese, orange slices, peas
Hummus with pita chips, carrot sticks, apples
Cheese Quesadillas, refried beans, chips, pears
PB&J, crackers, cottage cheese
Fried Egg Sandwiches, fruit

Suppers:
Chicken Parmesean (with some whole wheat noodles for me and the kids), broccoli
Beef and Bean Chili (yes I made this last week and I'm making it again!), lettuce salad, carrot sticks
Pork Satay, green beans
Tilapia, lettuce salad
Tomato Basil Soup, cannelini salad

This post is linked to Menu Plan Mondays at I'm an Organizing Junkie.

1 comment:

  1. Wow - you are brave to do the SB diet cooking! Way to go.

    ReplyDelete