Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Creamy Dill Dip

Getting my kids to eat their veggies has always been a challenge. My daughter loves dipping things in ranch dressing and ranch dip, but most ranch is loaded with MSG. (I didn't know this until I was pregnant and started reading labels.) She also loves dill pickles. So I thought I'd give this dill dip a try - made with low-fat ingredients and spices I found in my pantry. Super simple and the kids loved dipping their carrot sticks into the dip (and even ate some carrot, too, instead of just licking off the dip!) The dip was a hit with my hubby, too.

Creamy Dill Dip
(from the Taste of Home Everyday Light Meals cookbook)



1 cup (8 oz.) low-fat sour cream
1 cup low-fat mayonnaise
1 T. chopped onion (I used dried minced onion)
1 T. minced parsley (I used dried parsley)
1 T. dill weed
3/4 tsp. seasoned salt

Mix all ingredients together. Cover and refrigerate at least one hour before serving.
(The amount shown in the picture is a half batch of the amounts listed in the recipe.)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment